The USB-i485 module is a cost-effective way to add an industrial RS485 or RS422 serial port to your PC using a standard USB port. When connected to a PC USB port the USB-i485 module is automatically detected and installed as a native COM port compatible with ANY existing serial communication application. The USB-i485 converter can be configured for four-wire (full duplex) RS422 and RS485 or two-wire (half duplex) networks. When operating in two-wire RS485 the data transfer control is handled automatically (autogating) by the converter.
Two independent and isolated RS485 networks can be supported by one USB-i485 module thus doubling the number of remote devices that can be connected. Multiple modules can also be installed when using powered USB hubs, thus allowing a hassle-free configuration of a multi serial system without any IRQ or DMA configuration. 1500Vdc isolation between the USB port and RS485/RS422 protects the PC from spikes and other possible transient voltages on the communication bus.
Software and USB connection lead included.
- Computer interface: USB V1.1 plug and play
- Operating system virtual serial port driver
- 7/Vista/XP/2008Server/2003Server/98/ME/2000/CE, MAC and Linux 2.4.20 or above. 64 bit options for latest operating systems.
- Field interfaces: RS485 half duplex (dual buses), RS485 full duplex or RS422
- RS485/RS422 selected on terminals
- Automatic flow control (autogating) for RS485 half duplex
- 120 Ohms internal resistor termination available
- Transmission rate: from 300 bps to 1Mbps
- Maximum RS485/RS422 cable length : 1200m
- Maximum number of devices on the RS485 network:
- Half duplex: 2 x 32 devices
- Full duplex: 32 devices
- Data Transmit and Receive LED indicators
- Powered by the USB port
- Consumption: <100 mA
- Isolation: 1500 Vdc from USB interface and the RS485/RS422 interface
- RS485/422 bus protection: ±60 Vdc, 15 kV ESD
- USB connection: mini-B connector
- A suitable 1.5 m USB cable (type mini-B to A) is supplied with the module
- RS485/422 connector: plug in screw terminal type accepting 1.5 mm² (16 AWG) wires
- ABS enclosure: 70 x 60 x 18 mm
- Operating environment: 0 to 70°C, 10 to 90% relative humidity, non-condensing
Options coloured green
are available ex-stock and can be despatched immediately. Downloads